Monday, May 26, 2014

RELAX AND ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE

(The Beautiful Purple Place Mat was made for me by my  Friend Vina Cote...I wish I had her crocheting talent!)

   

Do you enjoy those quiet moments when you can just sit back and take some 
'ME TIME' ?

Those are some  of my most refreshing times. When I can just take a mug of my favorite tea, a charming book or magazine, go out on my porch, sit in my red rocking chair and just get lost in a peaceful and meandering journey. The other day I took Susan Branch's newest book "A FINE ROMANCE" a delightful book about her and her husbands last trip to England and all the wonderful places they visited. I only have a couple of chapters left in this book and yet, I just hate to see it come to an end. I also had a cup of one of Susan's private blends of tea, also called "A Fine Romance"...which is a delicious blend of Lavender and Roses in an Earl Grey Black Tea. This is one of the tea's they enjoyed on their travels in England.


To me this tea reminds me of a rainy spring day whether it be in England or the Pacific Northwest or anywhere . It just has a fresh fragrance of an English Garden and transports you down wandering paths. And if you are reading The Fine Romance book at the same time...well then you will truly feel you are following Susan and her husband through all those wonderful cottages and gardens that they enjoyed discovering and sharing with their curious readers. 


If you noticed the adorable Tea Tin in the first picture...I just had to have that when I saw it on her web site. After all, if you are buying her tea, then why not the fun and fancy tea tin to keep it in?

I must admit that I left the tea in it's original brown bag however...as I decided that if I ordered a different tea blend next time...I didn't want to put it in a tin that is permeated with the aromatic smells of this tea.

I probably spent an hour and a half in my red rocking chair, with my book, my cuppa, and my dog. It was just what I needed to give me that overwhelming sense of peace and discovery. And with a cool breeze, plenty of sunshine and the laughter of children in the background...it kind of felt like a Mini-Vacation...right here on My Porch.






2 comments:

Nancy Jo said...


Peggy,
I loved that book , I have most of Susan's books. I also have that tea tin. She is writing another book as you probably know, I will buy that as soon as it comes out.
What a nice gift from your friend, with the hearts in it.
Nancy Jo

Connie said...

I felt the same way about "A fine Romance" I could not put it down and yet I did not want it to end!

She has a picture of a stack of notes and journals about 2 feet high she is using to write her new book. I know it will be fabulous!!

I loved your pics!