Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I know...I know...Behind the Times but Catching Up!


We (Larry & I) just recently decided that we were sick and tired of paying for
expensive Cable TV and decided to take a stand and say, "Enough is Enough!"
Our last several Cable bills had been $200.00 plus.  Let's face it friends...Comcast
has a Monopoly going around here...and they have taken us ALL hostage. So, we
very happily let the Insanity Go and went back to Antenna TV.  Using a new
ultra slim Leaf Antenna (no thicker than a mouse-pad) and streaming Movies and
TV through our new Kindle Fire Box...we are enjoying a new style of TV watching.
We also signed up for Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Now, we have more
options than ever before and our finding that we are enjoying TV watching so
much more.

I had always wanted to watch Downton Abbey when it very first came out...
but I knew it was a British Masterpiece Theater Production... and not something my
husband would enjoy at all, but it always came on at the same time something
else we  liked aired.  So, I never watched it. But now, I can pick the time of day
I want to watch it and so I am catching up on it fast and furiously.  To say that
I am "Hooked" would be an under-statement.  Hook, line and sinker...it reeled me in
from the very first episode of Season 1.

It has exactly the kind of British Charm I love and all the characters are bigger
than life. Whether it is the Rich Socialite Family Upstairs or the downstairs
family of cooks, maids and personal-service-help there is always some fascinating
shenanigans going on. They are always hip deep into scheming, venting, manipulating,
whining, gossiping, and other tawdry escapades...that it is like being right in
the middle of  Life Styles of The Rich and Famous.  Jolly Good Fun...I must admit!

My step-daughter Jennifer had warned me that after watching just three episodes
I would be addicted and there would be no turning back! LOL!
She was soooooooooo right!

Also, there is enough romance in the Story-line to feed the fantasies of all of us
Hopeless Romantics.

If you have never watched it yourself...I dare say...What Are You Waiting For?
You bloody well will thank me, I'm sure of it!  *smile*  It's delicious fun!

3 comments:

Blessed in Colorado said...

You are so funny Peggy, I love Down Abbey and am hooked as well. Believe it or not Tom likes it too so we watch it together. If I am not mistaken I believe I heared about it from our Nancy Jo. We can not wait for the new season to start.
Enjoy my friend as the best is yet to come, I promise!

...Lady In Red, Peggy said...

I am now on season 2 episode 3 and so enjoying it. My youngest son and wife watch it together too. So good for Tom,Shane and all the other guys who can MAN-up and enjoy Masterpiece Theatre.

Hugs,
Peggy

CeeJay said...

My hubby and I are also Downton Abbey Fans and have seen all the episodes. We've really enjoyed the series and look forward to what's coming next! My favorite charater is "Grannie" . . . she just cracks me up!!!
Glad you're enjoying it!
CJ