Sunday, June 9, 2013

      Cathedral of Praise

                                                     

 by  PeggyAnn Smith June 2013 


I sat below a Cathedral of trees that seemed to be reaching towards the Heavens.
I was amazed as I looked up and realized they were pointing to me straight to God.
Wow, who says you can't do Church out in nature its self?
The trees seem to be praising God...even as I sit here in awe, just  resting and watching.




The very ground before me, in all it's rich lome smell...appears to be an alter of Nature.
I sit quietly taken in by the sights and sounds...listening to the whispering trees.
The wind begins to dance through the branches of leaves...and then something utterly amazing
transpires before my  eyes.
The wind begins making the trees look like they are clapping their hands and bowing low before God.
Then rising again and clapping their hands and bowing low, rising and clapping their hands and
bowing low and ...in cadence with the rhythm of the wind.

















It reminds me of reading Isaiah 55:12  

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees in the field will clap their hands."






But never have I witnessed this verse visually before my eyes until this
 very moment in time.
Oh, yes, I have witnessed the wind dancing through the trees before
but never had it looked like trees clapping their hands before this very day.
And as I sat there watching the trees worshiping God and including me in
their act of praise...their very action connected my mind to the Scripture
and I really was swept  along with this heavenly vision of Nature Praising
it's Creator God.
As the trees and I worshiped together beneath that Canopy of Heaven...
I sat there in awe and wonder...praising my God for bringing that Scripture
in Isaiah so to life for me.



                     Picture by Patrick Kehrer

Who says you cannot have Church Service out in Nature?
Well, don't tell that to the Rocks, Trees, Rivers, Streams,
and the Mountains... LEST THEY MOCK YOU!
  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool Peggy. I love this! Love you, Kathy

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I love it! Love you, Kathy

Connie said...

God's creation still astounds me every day!!