Friday, July 3, 2015

I Will Offer Him a Sacrifice of Praise












 
"O Lord I am your servant...I will offer You a
Sacrifice of thanksgiving (Praise) and call on the
name of the Lord"  Psalms. 116:16-17
 
I read this scripture in my daily time with Papa God
one day this week and after reading it the words
"Sacrifice of Praise" just jumped right out at me.
I wondered aloud, "How is Praising God a Sacrifice?"
When I think of Praising Him I think of extolling His
Holy Name,  His Wonderful Glory and His Marvelous
Deeds...but how am I sacrificing anything to do that?
It comes natural because He is Our Amazing God!

Then The Holy Spirit spoke these words to my heart.
"When life is overwhelming, when circumstances are
difficult, and your world comes crashing down around
your head...it is very hard to Praise God. In fact it is
often the very last thing you wish to do at all. Even
breathing hurts...when your soul is downcast and 
your heart feels broken in two. Let's face it... Life Is
Tough but God is Faithful. So, when life presses in
on you, and your heart feels like a gaping hole that is
profusely bleeding...That is When Praising God is a
Sacrifice! It is hard to do, next to impossible in fact...
but Praise Him anyway! 
And especially when Life is Messy, Harsh, and Just Plain
Gut Wrenching...because prayers of Praise are the Gifts
that continues to give you peace, promise, hope
and courage.
 
God is working through the Hard Things of  Your Life!
Quit trying to make the hard things go away...Accept Them!

Now, Open Your Heart and Give Him Praise and Thanks!
 
Always the Student of His Word,
Peggy

No comments: