Tuesday, January 6, 2015

How Do You Determine What Book You Will Purchase?


What is there about a Good Book that draws YOU to it?
For me... there are several criteria that pull me to a certain
book. Being a very visual person a Great Front Cover is
the first thing I look for. The Picture, the Color, and then
the Title.  I must say that over the years I very well may
have over looked some great Reads because the front
cover was just plainly too "blah" for me.





















Second thing I look at is the back cover.  I want to
know what the Publisher and other Authors have to
say about this book.  This is a Mini-Review of the
Book in your hand. Also, the price of the book is
often found on the back page...however price is not
always a huge factor...in my purchase decision.























Thirdly...I open the Jacket Cover and
read a more in-depth explanation of what
the story is truly about. You can pick up
the Story Line here and the main characters.















And lastly...I open the insides of the book and thumb
through the pages. Is the type easy to read? What kind
of paper is it printed on?  If there is Photography like
this Gratitude Book has...are they Quality Photos?
Do they pull me into the page? And do the quotes 
go well with the Photography?

These are all things that are important to me as  someone
passionate about reading and books.  Even when I am choosing
a book for one of my Grandchildren...I want to make sure it
has fabulous illustrations that go well with the story. In 
Children's Books Great Illustrations are a Must for small minds
who zero in visually first and foremost. The book has to make them
excited to have Grandmama or mommy and daddy snuggle up and
read to them.

With all of those factors considered in mere minutes at a Book 
Store or On-Line ... then I am ready to decide which book or books
I will purchase that day. 

Today, this book on Gratitude put out by National Geographic, drew
me in on ALL levels. The Cover was visually appealing, the Title
was intriguing and inspiring to me and the daily format of a gorgeous 
photo and a quote by a variety of well known individuals, made it 
just the type of book that called to my soul and my passions for
small spurts of inspiration and visual stimulation.  A Good Book
should whisper your name and make you want to take it home
immediately if not sooner!





















Good Books Should Transport You To
Wonderful Places In Time!!!

No comments: